Nassau Swim Club Pool Rules
The following rules and regulations are for the protection of all members and guests, and are intended to ensure safe and sanitary operation of the swimming pool and facilities.
Your utmost cooperation in abiding by these conditions will afford pleasant relaxation and recreation for all concerned.
Parents are requested to caution their children to observe all rules and regulations, and to obey the instructions of all lifeguards.
- Nassau is a family-oriented, co-operative swim club. Members are expected to treat other members, employees and guests with respect and to care for the pool as if it were their own.
- All persons use the pool at their own risk.
- Members are responsible for their personal property and the property of their guests, while on club grounds.
- Running, pushing, wrestling, ball playing, causing undue disturbances, or any activity endangering self or others in and about the pool area will not be permitted.
- Except as allowed for club sanctioned “adult” social events, no alcoholic beverages are permitted in the pool area.
- Nassau is a “smoke-free” club. No smoking is allowed anywhere on the property.
- No abusive language will be tolerated
- The use of audio devices (radio, cassette players, CD players) in the pool area is restricted to the use of personal earphones
- Only those wearing bona fide swimming attire are permitted in the main pool.
- No pets of any kind will be allowed within the pool enclosure with the exception of bona fide “Service dogs” dogs.
- Only authorized personnel are permitted in the pool office or on the lifeguard stands.
- All injuries occurring on the pool premises must be reported to the lifeguard.
- Children under 10 years of age must be supervised by an Adult for admission to the pool and pool area and the adult must remain with the child at all times. For purposes of this rule, an “Adult” is defined as a person at least sixteen years of age. This does not apply to swim team and dive team and other adult supervised activities.
- Children over 10 years of age may be left unaccompanied if
a. They have passed the deep end test
b. Their parent or guardian has signed a permission form and the form is on file with the lifeguard; and
c. The parent or guardian is available to pick up the child within thirty (30) minutes of a call in the event of an emergency or pool closure.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, the pool manager may limit or prohibit this activity if she believes such action is necessary for the safety of the child or others.
- The use of swim aids and flotation devices (e.g., “water wings”, “noodles”, and inflatable mats/rafts) and other inflatable play toys will be allowed in the pool at the discretion of the lifeguard.
- The pool may be closed at any time due to equipment failure, unsatisfactory water quality, or weather. At the first visible evidence of lightning or audible thunder the pool must be closed, and remain closed for at least one half (1/2) hour after the last such lightening or thunder. The lifeguards have the sole authority to make this determination.
- There will be a dedicated Adult Lap Swim lane at all times, except during home swim meets.
- The pool may be closed to general member swimming for swim and dive meets. The membership will be notified in advance of any such closing by notices posted at the pool at least 24 hours before such a closing.
- The lifeguards are responsible for the safety of the pool and its members. They have the authority to temporarily suspend any member or guest from using the facility. Any questions or comments regarding such a suspension should be directed to the Board.
- Use of the diving area is restricted to those who have passed the “deep end test” as administered by a lifeguard
- Only one person on the ladder and diving board at a time.
- Do not dive until the previous diver has reached the ladder at the side of the diving area.
- Any special activities in the diving area (e.g., “racketypoo games”) will be at the discretion of the lifeguard on duty.
- Diving board may be closed at the discretion of the Pool Manager.
- The wading pool is intended for children under 5 years of age who are being supervised by their parents.
- No lifeguard station is within the wading pool area; parents are solely responsible for all children in the wading pool area.
- Babies of diaper age must wear swim diapers with tight fighting rubber pants.